Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whimsical Scene

Here are the results of the crazy Sublime Stitching scene I started a few weeks ago.  
In progress, but almost done!
Nice stems!
This gives you an idea of how big the fabric is.
I will be finishing off this piece by laundering it, sewing on a backing to cover the crazy stitches in the back, and sewing the patch onto a tote bag.  I think that's what it would like to be.  This was a fun project, especially when I realized that my work looks much better (and goes quicker) in the full-sized, 6-strand embroidery thread.  None of this pulling apart strands anymore!  The result was a bold, joyful scene.