Have you ever heard of a pog?
I never really got into them as a kid, but when I found one in my Dorito bag, I fell in love with the cute, blue dinosaur on the front. I wanted to make him into a necklace, so here's what I did:
1. Using my crop-o-dile, I punched a small hole near the top of the pog. It was a bit off-center, but I liked it that way. That way my dino's head could still be completely whole. :o)
2. I pressed the entire pog (dino-side-down) into Versa-Mark ink.
3. I covered the "Versa-Marked" side of the pog with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel).
4. With the heat setting on low, I used my heat gun to melt the UTEE.
But wait! I noticed that the pog was kind of curling on the sides to give a convex look to the dino. No matter! I just pushed it down with a pin and kept on embossing.
5. I repeated steps 3 & 4.
Again, the pog curls. Again, I push down. This time with less luck.
6. I repeated step 5. (ha ha!)
I give in! Let the pog curl. Hey... actually I like this effect. Yay for happy accidents!
7. I let it cool and I let the UTEE set. Then I added two jump rings at the top.
8. I strung it on a leather cord and rocked it!